January 12, 2015

Maybelline Creamy Mattes 'Touch of Spice' and 'Divine Wine' Review/Swatches

Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick in 'Touch of Spice' and 'Divine Wine'

Maybelline has recently launched their collection "Color Sensational Creamy Mattes." I've heard it mentioned a lot on YouTube, but couldn't find them in drugstores till now! I picked up "Touch of Spice" and "Divine Wine" at Walgreens for their Buy One, Get One 50% Off deal. This makes them just about the same price as Walmart/Target.

Touch of Spice is a gorgeous color that reminds me alot of the popular Kylie Jenner lip trend. It is an almost dupe for Sephora's color of the year Marsala lipstick (Just alittle more pink). I would describe it as a mauve/rose. It has a very creamy texture and applies evenly. I like to pair this with MAC's Soar or Too Faced Perfect Spice lip liner. I find that the wear of it is around 6 hours on me before I need touching up. This is definitely long wearing on me and I love it. It's not too bold and is comfortable to wear to school or running errands.  If you see this, definitely grab it because it was always the only color that was sold out! 

Divine Wine is a beautiful rich burgundy. If you think of the color of red wine, this is it. A fantastic must-have fall/winter shade.  As with most dark lippies, I have to do coats to make sure it applies evenly. This lasts about 5 hours before I get the urge to touch up and when it wears off, leaves a stain. Again, it's comfortable and I don't have to worry about it. Because of my lack of darker lip liners, I use MAC's Spice lip liner with this.  
Note : This appears to be a close dupe for MAC's Diva

Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick in 'Touch of Spice' and 'Divine Wine' Swatches
Swatches in artificial light

Maybelline Creamy Mattes Lipstick in 'Touch of Spice' and 'Divine Wine' Swatches
Swatches in sunlight
Smell : There is a vanilla smell, but it wears off a few minutes after you put it on.
Overall : These are comfortable and I'd highly recommend you try one out! As with any matte lipstick, make sure you exfoliate prior to wearing!


--Linh 

24 comments:

  1. Divine Wine one is my fav out of these too , love a dark red lip. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine Wine looks magical. It's such a rich berry shade. Happy Monday!
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine Wine one all the way :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Devine Wine would be a bit too intense for me, but I love the Touch of Spice shade!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Touch of Spice will work on alot of people! :D

      Delete
  5. Both SO pretty! I think I might have to look for these next time I'm in store, Divine Wine is gorgeous :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine Wine is a lovely colour! Love it! Xx
    http://oliviacherylx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely swatches! I've never tried Maybelline lipsticks before but now I'll have to :)

    www.beautyandcolour.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful, especially Divine Wine. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, thanks for sharing! <3

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and just thought I would stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same... or better yet, keep in touch!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw "Touch of Spice" was Marsala. This is the one I would pick, a great everyday color.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been meaning to try these, the colors you picked look lovely!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, thanks for mentioning that they're scented! I don't mind scented lipsticks, but is the scent in these ones the kind that you can "taste" in your mouth? (You know, that perfumey taste, like the one in most L'Oreal lipsticks). Thanks!
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look lovely, I really like the look of Touch of Spice :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out this post! http://roziebud.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/liebster-award_7.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both shades look great, I can't decide between the two! You have definitely enabled my shopping :) Thanks for sharing!

    www.makeupmusingsandmechanics.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...